Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weigh-In Week 3: "Hello Walls" --Faron Young (1961)

Weigh-In, Week Three

Well, it's a sight we were hoping we wouldn't see for a long while yet...



That's right... the dreaded "wall". Dee has hit it this week, but we carry on, undeterred! We did extremely well and can't think of a single thing we did "wrong" all week... no eating out, no junk food, only healthy snacks... One theory we're starting to think about is that it's not just what you've done in that one past week that determines how you'll weigh in. Is there a certain amount of carry-over from last week, when we had those lovely all-you-can-eat shrimp, and ate "yogurt blend" ice cream every night? Hmmm...

Hopefully some of our healthy eating this past week will carry over to next week, because we have a company "kick off the new year" party this evening at a local restaurant, and the food is so good that we usually have to indulge just a bit. We could opt not to go, but I'll be receiving a plaque for 10 years of service, and I can't pass up my moment in the spotlight! :-D

Anyway, here's the weigh-in for the end of week three:
Jay: 362.0 [-2.5 pounds for the week (-9.5 overall)]
Dee: 226.5 [no change for the week (-5 overall)]

We've determined that we're still going to try to "healthy up" even more with what we're doing now. I've decided to phase out the fat-free cream cheese and just go with jelly on my morning bagel, and using considerably less than I had in my photo from a few posts back. We're going to try small cuts here and there and see how things go. AND we're going to start using my free company fitness center membership for some workout action. "Carry on, my wayward son." --Kansas (1976)

--Jay

No comments:

Post a Comment