Friday, January 21, 2011

"Zum" Went The Strings Of My Heart

You may have guessed from my lame attempt at a pun in the title of this post... and actually, more people are probably familiar with "Zing Went The Strings Of My Heart" by Judy Garland or the Coasters, than "Zoom Went The Strings Of My Heart" by the Cadillacs... but I digress...

My point? We decided to finally give Zumba a go.



That's right... it's the Hottest Latin Dance Workout!!! Actually, it's been around for about 10 years, but Dee had read all sorts of good blog entries around the web about it, and it still seems to be quite popular. We picked up the newer version, which features female teachers along with the program's creator, Beto.

We just finished the 20-Minute Express workout, which has four 5-minute sections of Latin dance. I found it remarkably easy, but I was doing some simplified versions of the moves. We both broke a sweat and felt like we were doing something, so it makes a good addition to our normal exercise routine that we did this morning.

Dance on!
--Jay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment